New to jailbreaking? Check this article.
In this article
Jailbreak is available for the following devices running on the iOS versions up to 14.3:
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone SE (2nd Gen)
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
Here is a guide to check the iOS version and iPhone model.
Refer to the full jailbreak Compatibility list if your kid has another device. If your kid has one of the devices listed above, but you have a Windows-based computer, follow this guide.
Keep in mind, that you need to know Apple ID and password used on an iPhone in order to jailbreak it using this method.
Also, your kid's iPhone and your Mac should synchronize at least once per week in order for jailbreak to continue working. Both the iPhone and Mac should be turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network for synchronization.
1. Connect your kid's phone to your computer with a cable. Press "Trust" on the iPhone if you see a popup.
2. On your kid's iPhone, go to Safari, enter the following link: unc0ver.dev and download the file.
3. On your computer, enter the following link: altstore.io and download the file.
4. Go to "Downloads" on your Mac and open "AltServer".
5. Find the "AltServer" icon in the Menu Bar > "Install Mail Plug-in" > "Install Plug-in".
6. Open the "Mail" app on your Mac.
7. Go to "Preferences" of the "Mail" app through the Menu Bar.
8. Click "Manage Plug-ins...".
9. Check the "AltPlugin.mailbundle".
10. Click "Allow Access".
11. Click "Apply and Restart Mail".
12. Find the "AltServer" icon in the Menu Bar > "Install AltStore" > select your kid's iPhone.
13. Enter the Apple ID and password used on your kid's iPhone and press "Install".
You can find the Apple ID on the iPhone. Go to Settings > tap on your kid's name. If you don't know the password, you can reset it.
14. You will see a notification on the iPhone. Press "Allow". You will see a 6-digit code on the iPhone. Enter this code on your computer and press "Continue".
15. In about 10 seconds, an app called "AltStore" will appear on the Home Screen of the iPhone.
16. Go to "Settings".
17. Go to "General".
18. Scroll down and tap "Profiles & Device Management".
19. Tap on the Apple ID > press "Trust..." > "Trust".
20. Go back to Home Screen. Open "AltStore".
21. Go to "My Apps" and tap the "+" sign in the top left corner.
22. Tap "Browse" > "iCloud Drive" > tap on the "unc0ver" file. You may also find it in "Downloads".
23. Sign in to iCloud using your kid's Apple ID and password. unc0ver will appear once installed.
24. Go to Home Screen and open the "unc0ver" app.
25. Tap "Jailbreak" and wait until the process is finished. Do not unplug the phone from the computer.
If you see an ad, just tap the "X" sign in the upper left corner of the screen to close it.
If you see an error, reboot the phone, go to "unc0ver" and tap "Jailbreak" again.
26. Once the phone is jailbroken, an app called "Cydia" will appear on the Home Screen.
27. On your Mac, go to Finder > your kid's Phone and check "Sync this iPhone when on Wi-Fi" > tap "Apply". Follow this guide if you experience difficulties.
Please note that your kid's iPhone and your Mac should synchronize at least once per week in order for jailbreak to continue working. Both the iPhone and Mac should be turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network for synchronization.
28. Log into your mSpy account > tap "Get Started" > "Apple, iOS" > "Jailbreak" and follow the instructions to install mSpy.
Once mSpy is installed you will be able to monitor the iPhone / iPad from your mSpy account. The mSpy icon will be hidden. To hide the "unc0ver", "AltStore", and "Cydia" icons you need to follow different steps depending on the iOS version running on the monitored device. Please refer to this guide.
Please sign in to leave a comment.