These are the troubleshooting guidelines for the common issues you may encounter during the installation.
1. Anytrans cannot detect the iPhone when connected via USB.
Ways to troubleshoot:
- Reconnect the iOS device or give another USB cable a try.
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer and restart the computer.
- If you are connecting the iOS device to the computer for the first time, please remember to tap "Trust" on the device when it prompts for authorization.
- Shut down any antivirus software for the time of installation.
- Make sure your macOS and iOS versions are up to date.
2. AnyTrans pops up the error code -37.
In this case, you need to turn off "Find my iPhone" on the monitored iPhone. Go to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Find My iPhone". Turn it off. You will be required to enter the iCloud password to disable the "Find My iPhone" feature.
3. "Backup Failed" or "Full Backup Failed" pops up.
- Reconnect the iPhone and try again or try another USB-port and USB cable.
- This solution is relevant if you are using a Windows-based computer:
1) Reinstall the Apple drivers and iTunes on your PC.
2) Restart the PC and open Anytrans.
3) Anytrans will prompt you to install the Apple drivers.
4) Install them and try to back up an iPhone again.
4. "Failed to Set" when setting the backup encryption password.
After you set the backup encryption password during the installation in Anytrans you have to enter the passcode on your kid's phone to confirm the changes.
Make sure the passwords in the two fields match.
DO NOT FORGET THIS PASSWORD!
5. There are no updates from an iPhone.
First of all, make sure you are viewing the information in the right place. Please check these articles on how to get the information if you have:
If you go to "Backup manager" > "Backup history" > "View" and don't see any new backups please make sure that the iPhone and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot. If they are, it may take up to 24 hours to back up the data (if you set the backup frequency to "Daily" during the installation).
If you think you've set something wrong, connect the iPhone via USB and go to "Backup Manager" > "Backup Now". Make sure the "Air Backup" is enabled and set to "Daily".
6. The Browser History / Text messages are not backing up.
Connect the iPhone via USB and go to "Backup Manager" > "Backup Now". Make sure the "Backup Encryption" is enabled.
7. The Anytrans app is not opening on the Windows computer.
Follow the steps below:
1) Delete the file named “iMobie_Inc” from the path below: C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\iMobie_Inc
2) Try to open AnyTrans again.
If you face any issues, you can always contact our 24/7 Support Team in Live Chat.