You need physical access to the Android device you want to monitor to install mSpy.
Due to the high level of customization of Android devices, the steps from the following guide might differ from what you will see on the phone. However, all the menu sections are similar, and you can find your way through easily. For example, instead of ‘Applications’, you might see ‘Apps’, ‘Application manager’, or ‘Manage Application’.
If you want to install mSpy on one of these devices, check the relevant guide:
Disable Play Protect
- Take the phone you want to monitor and ensure it is unlocked, charged and connected to the Internet (Wi-Fi or mobile data).
- Go to Play Store > select the three lines button in the upper left corner or the profile icon in the upper right corner > select Play Protect > Settings (the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner) > turn off Scan device for security threats.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Notifications > turn off Show notifications.
Download the mSpy installer
- Open a browser > go to getmspy.net/a > Download > Ok > Open the downloaded file.
- If a prompt appears, select Settings > Allow from this source and go back.
- Select Install > Open.
Note: If an antivirus app detects mSpy (called Update Service on the phone) or the mSpy installation file (called bt.apk), you will usually see two options: Resolve or Ignore/Skip. In that case, choose Ignore/Skip, open the bt.apk file again or select Install.
Once you have opened the file:
- Select Allow while using the app for all permissions.
- Follow the instructions you see on your kid's phone.
- Enter your Registration code. Follow this guide if you can't find it.
- Select Complete installation.
- Open the browser you used to download the mSpy installer > select the three dots button in the upper right corner > Downloads > remove the bt.apk file.
- Open the browser you used to download the mSpy installer > select the three dots button in the upper right corner > Settings (the cogwheel button) > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Clear data.
- Open File Manager > Downloads > delete the bt.apk file.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Google Play Store > Storage & cache > Clear storage > Clear cache.
Turn on Location
- Swipe down the extended menu from the top of the screen > turn on Location/GPS.
Once you have finished the installation, go to mspy.com > Log In > enter your credentials and Sign In. You can now see the dashboard with the information from the target device. Note that depending on the speed of the internet connection and the amount of data on the target device, it might take up to 24 hours before the data is fully loaded into your account.